Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
TDBC B.V. – ZÜCA Europe
3032 AC Rotterdam
The website below belongs to TDBC B.V. – ZÜCA Europe
What are cookies, really?
Cookies are tiny text files, which are stored on your device. They make possible the functions of the web shop.
What are the other techniques?
What do we need it all for?
Perhaps you ask yourself what all this is good for. The application of cookies and other techniques allow, for example, that:
- Shopping and surfing in our web shop becomes nicer and easier for you;
- You don’t have to receive or enter the same information again and again;
- We can offer you special functionalities such as favorites, product comparisons, or your shopping cart;
- We can measure how our web shop is used and where we can still improve it;
- We can show you advertising and recommendations based on your areas of interest;
- We can recognize what device you use when you visit our web shop;
- We can (let) register how often an advertisement is shown so as to better align the advertisements with your needs and interests and to prevent you see the same advertisement over and over.
Cookies of third parties
WHAT cookies DO WE USE?
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies make sure that our web shop functions correctly. This may regard, for instance, functionalities such as the shopping cart and payment procedures.
With analytical cookies, we collect, with the aid of third parties, statistical data about the use of our web shop by the users. By measuring website-use, we can continue to improve our web shop, to the advantage of our users. To this effect, we apply, for instance, Google Analytics and Hotjar.
Social media cookies of third parties
Social media cookies are cookies which enable functionalities of social media websites. This may regard YouTube videos for a product, the selection of a pick-up point in Google Maps or a 'like' button for Facebook.
We place advertising cookies in our web shop. In addition, we enable third parties to place advertising cookies in our web shop. We also place advertising cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these advertising cookies. We do this, so we can make the most relevant offers possible, based on your on-line surfing, search and purchasing behavior. Through these advertising cookies, we also track what advertisements you have seen.
Recommendations, preference and interest cookies
In addition we combine your on-line surfing, searching, and purchasing behavior to show you relevant products, offers, and recommendations in our web shop which are aligned to your interests and preferences.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies make sure that the website functions as you may expect it to.
- The products, favorites, or comparisons you have looked at last are remembered and stored;
- Remembering the products which you have put into your shopping cart;
- The writing of reviews of products you have bought from us;
- The settings of your browser are stored, so that the website loads faster and is adjusted to the format of your screen;
- The possibility of storing your log-in data if you have an account with us, so you do not need to enter the data again every time;
- We can detect possible abuse and/or issues in our web shop.
With the aid of third parties, we use analytical cookies to investigate the use of the shop. These statistics give us insight, for example, in how often we are visited, and where we can improve our web shop. In this manner we make sure that the user experience with our web shop is constantly optimized. Things like the following are stored:
- The IP address, which is anonymized;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you use (like Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen and what device you use;
- How you ended up on the website;
- From what page you leave the website;
- How many pages you have viewed;
- When and for how long you visit the web shop;
- How you use the website, how many pages you visit, whether you make use of favorites, comparisons, whether you order any product(s) and whether you view recommended products;
- What pages of our web shop you view.
What we use analytical cookies for:
- Tracking the number of visitors of our web shop;
- Measuring the duration per visit;
- Determining the order in which a visitor browses through the various pages of our web shop;
- The ordering of the products on the website;
- Improvement of the website.
Social media cookies of third parties
Social media cookies are placed by the social media websites themselves. When you click on a social media button in our web shop, a social media cookie is placed. The social media party can recognize your IP address at the moment when you want to share a page of our web shop. For the cookies which the social media parties place and the data they collect through them, we refer to the statements which these parties leave on their own websites concerning. We advise you to regularly consult the privacy and cookie statements below:
Thanks to cookies and other advertising technologies, such as (web)beacons, pixels, and tags, we can show you effective and relevant advertisements. They also aid us to collect aggregate audit, investigative, and reporting data for advertisers. In addition, they help us to understand and improve the service and they enable us to keep track of when content/advertisements were shown to you. Comment: because your web browser may directly request advertisements and (web)beacons directly from advertising-network servers of third parties, these networks can display, process, or set their own cookies, just like after you have requested a web page from their site. Advertisements which are displayed by the web shop therefore may also set cookies for third parties.
We do not provide personal information to advertisers which we have collected, unless you have given us permission to do so. You can also unsubscribe for advertising based on areas of interest and for advertising based on collected data. If you do so, advertising is not removed from the pages you visit. It only mans that the advertising you see may not be in line with your interests.
What we can do with advertising cookies
- We can track what advertisements you have seen and how often you have seen them;
- We can track whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can track whether you place orders after seeing or clicking on an advertisement;
- We can combine your on-line surfing, search, and purchasing behavior regardless of the device you make use of;
- We determine your advertising interests by combining these characteristics, so we can tune the ads we show you in our web shop and on third-party websites to these.
Advertising networks and media agencies function as intermediaries for web shops and advertisers. The advertising cookies of these parties enable that:
- We show you third-party advertisements;
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at ZÜCA Europe with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies which these parties place for advertising purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can regularly change, we advise you to regularly consult these privacy and cookie statements. The following parties place cookies in our web shop:
On most browsers, you can manage cookies through the preferential settings. If you choose, however, to restrict the cookies which can be placed by websites, the general user experience may deteriorate because it is not possible to match them to you any longer. It may also be impossible to store any adjusted settings, such as registration data.
If you don’t want to receive any cookies, you can change this through the browser settings. If you use the web shop without changing your browser settings, we assume you have no problems with receiving our cookies.
Click on one of the icons below to go to the manual of your browser directly or consult, if necessary, the help function of your browser.
Other useful resources
Go to wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies, for example how to control what cookies have been installed and how you can manage and remove cookies.
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (VS)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
If you want to deactivate cookies from specific parties, you can do so through www.youronlinechoices.com.
Removal of Cookies
Click on the icon with 3 lines in the top right corner. Click on ‘Settings’ > ‘History’ > ‘Browser data’ delete. Make sure in any case that ‘remove Cookies and other site and plug-in data’ is ticked off. You can also indicate how old the Cookies must be. Select here 'All'.
Click on the icon with 3 lines in the top right corner. Go to ‘Options’ > ‘Privacy’. Click on ‘Delete your recent history’. Under ‘Details’ you can indicate what you wish to delete exactly. Tick off in any case ‘Cookies’. You can also indicate how old the Cookies must be. Select here 'All'.
Click on the icon of a cog in the upper right corner. Go to the menu ‘Security’ > ‘Remove browser history’. Now you can indicate what you want to delete exactly. Tick in any case ‘Cookies and website data’. Click at the bottom of the window on ‘Remove’.
Click on the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) in the top right corner. Click on the icon with the clock, which is the tab ‘History’. Click on delete ‘All history’. Now you can indicate what you want to delete exactly. Tick off in any case ‘Cookies and stored website data’ and click on ‘Delete’. At the bottom you can indicate whether you always wish to delete these data when closing Microsoft Edge.
Click at the upper corner on the menu bar on ‘Safari’ > ‘Preferences’. Select at the top of the window the tab ‘Privacy’. Then click on ‘Remove all Website Data’.
We will adjust our statements when our web shop or the rules regarding cookies are modified. You can find the current version on our homepage.